Hi,
As we go to using Confluence for documentation for our general user base, I've run into something that seems either like I'm unique or just not asking the question the right way, so I apologize if this has been answered already.
The question is this: we'd like to have a more friendly way to refer users to particular pages in Confluence from external sources. So, for example, our confluence being at https://wiki.example.com and we have our outages page which is at /display/OPS/Current+Outages what I'm looking for is some way of generating a URL like https://wiki.example.com/outages - which we can include in documentation, and presumably hides the internal processing of the service as much as possible. I know I can do this with redirects in Apache, but it seemed obvious that someone else would have answered this question if there's a better way to do it.
This wouldn't be used very often, it's just that for those viewing URLs it seems easier to remember (or identify from browser history) than the /display path. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!