Hello all,
we have the following setup:
https://jira.external.com comes into our network via squid and redirects to http://jira.internal.com:8081 (ie Squid terminates the SSL connection) and convinced JIRA to accept that as a proxied https connection in the server.xml.
Within our network I have set up a DNS redirect from jira.external.com to jira.internal.com so the internal and external users all see the same host.
External users should use HTTPS only and internal users should use HTTP only.
Which URL should I put in JIRA and in Confluence?
If I put https
/jira.external.com then the internal users cannot use the links correctly.
If I put http://jira.external.com then the external users end up on an insecure connection.
The same problems apply to confluence.
So - how can I allow Squid to manage my external connections and SSL termination and still be able to have my internal connections go directly to the confluence and jira?
Cheers
Jack...