Hello friends:
Thank You for your time and attention in advance.
I am in a situation where I have clone a Bitbucket repo with a ssh url. It works well.
But for sharing info with other teams and other members of our team I would like to send a https url.
For example I have
ssh://git@bitbucket.es.ad.example.com:7999/upenv/configuration-values.git
How to get the https equivalent of that aka
https://abcd@bitbucket.es.ad.example.com/scm/upenv/configuration-values.git
Kindly help.
-Narahari
Hi Narahari,
The best way is for the user to obtain the URL using the UI.
You could also get the Clone URL by using a REST endpoint - no need to use a browser, if that's your situation. I explained that on https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39424368. Note that the output contains both HTTP and SSH clone URLs.
If the users already have the SSH URL, deriving the HTTP url is easy; as you can see the only difference is the SCM and also the port; you seem to be running Bitbucket behind a proxy which is the reason why you don't specify the port number.
I hope that helps.
Thiago
"The best way is for the user to obtain the URL using the UI."
Yes, but how do you do that ?
There is a "clone" button on the sidebar
Thiago,
can the URL be added to the Repository Details page under settings? This is very basic information for a repository that should definitely be easier to find than your suggested methods.
Thanks,
Nick
WHY?!?!?!? Every time I go to do this I'm hunting for like 30 minutes for it. Where is this clone button??? And why can't they list this information like normal people.
Found my way here via google search as well. Maybe reconsider this design choice.
I agree with you. It is absolutely the worse user interface that I have ever come across. I have just spent ten minutes trying to figure out what the git address is. That should be on the landing page!!
Seriously pissed with the design. Finding myself running in circles trying to find this crucial information every single time!
Ditto!!!
Same here. The person responsible for this mess has absolutely no idea of what he should be doing.
Fire him instantly. Please.
To summarize:
* press on the 'Plus' button on the sidebar
* Press on clone this repository
* Press the button on the top right corner to select SSH or HTTPS, the default value seems random
This truly needs a redesign ASAP
ty - helped
Has anyone from Atlassian ever read this post??? It is absolutely unusable, I have to click "clone" to get the URL...
The UX needs better design. Had to go all the way to get something that would normally be easily accessible in the main page of a repository
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.