Currently, we have our Jira instance set up such that developers aren't allowed to comment on customer-facing tickets.
As a developer who's particularly well known for sarcasm, I'm OK with this rule. But eventually it poses problems when I get asked to investigate and issue before our support team creates an official engineering ticket for it. It gets hard to communicate when the support guys are commenting on the ticket but I try to engage in the same conversation via email.
While I'd like to just ask our Jira admin to give me commenting ability, I know I'm only going to shoot myself in the foot by saying what I really think about a customer and forgetting to set visibility to internal users only.
So, is there any way to grat a particular user/group the abiltiy to comment, but force it so their comments are visible to internal users only?