I want to (bulk, but I don't think that matters) move issues from project A to project B. Some of these are really old, and reported by or assigned to people who no longer are valid users of JIRA. However, we really want to keep the history of these issues correct, so we still want to keep the information that user x reported the issue and user y was assigned to it, even though neither x nor y are valid choices if the issue were to be created today. (It may be because x isn't a valid user of Jira, and it may be that y doesn't have privileges for the new project B, but they were both allowed to report or be assigned to the issue when it was being worked on.)
Is there a way (perhaps involving script runner or other scary things) to do this? (I can, with some caution, do the database magic to perform the move, but I would definitely rather avoid it, since there are some differences between the projects, there are too many things that could go wrong.) Currently, my best option is to do the update, take down the JIRA and update the creator/reporter/assignee in the database, but if there is something safer, I would be happy.