I've inherited the managment of our Confluence instance and I need to upgrade it to the latest. How can I tell if we're running the 32 or 64-bit version? If I do a 'file' command on /opt/atlassian/confluence/jre/bin/java it says it's a 32-bit process. So can I assume I need the 32-bit updater? Thanks!
If your machine is 64 bit, you should be safe to use a 64bit upgrader. It removes the old installation files and creates new ones. The only thing it reuses is the actual data and some configurations (like memory parameters).
Test it first!
Note: 32bit performs better even on 64bit archetechture unless you've configured the JVM with > 2GB heap space (and your wiki actually has enough load to justify the additional RAM allocation).
I should have mentioned the Java VM attribute will state 64 if it's 64bit (if it doesn't metion 64 then it's 32 bit).
Thanks, all. Looks like it's 32-bit.
Note: For JIRA administration, the Java VM attribute is under the "Server Info" section on the System Info page.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.