I install mysql for Confluence on linux, refenrence from"Confluence's Database Setup For MySQL"
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Database+Setup+For+MySQL#DatabaseSetupForMySQL-Step3.ConfigureMySQLServer
On the Step 3 Configure MySQL Server
"Run the MySQL installation wizard:" ,I can't find a file like "MySQLInstanceConfig" on linux .
Where file path of MySQL installation wizard?
Not an MySQL expert, but I believe those instructions are contaminated by the Windows OS.
On unix, such modifications are made through direct modification of configuration files, prompt commands, etc. You may want to lookup the MySQL documentation to find the exact correspondents of each action listed there.
Hi Lily,
Mysql install is not part of Confluence's download. For linux systems, you'll need to download this and install separately. There are many guides out there on the internet for your specific linux distro, but you should follow mysql's instructions and incorporate any linux flavor specifics for your OS.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/linux-installation.html
Confluence does not ship with mysql so you'll not find any installation wizard until you either download an installer, or install using a package manager on linux.
Hope this helps!
Saw that I got negative votes. MySQLInstanceConfig is not available on linux, AFAIK, and mysqlsetup was only used for a new instance last time I check. Anyway.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.