Hi!
I've been trying to figure this one out but I'm giving up and will now ask around to see if anyone's managed.
We are a software development company and have a several versions running in our customer's environments. For example:
* Customer A = 4.1.15
* Customer B = 4.0.53
Now let's assume the two following things:
# Customer A wants to upgrade to our latest release within their current branch (ie. 4.1.33)
# Customer B wants to upgrade to our latest release (ie. 4.2.5)
How would they go about generating a query that can retrieve all the issue that interest them?
I understand there are ways to do this:
# User can go to the 'Change Log' page and view every version one by one, but that really isn't very friendly.
# User can generate a query similar to project=PROJ AND fixVersion in ('4.1.16','4.1.17','4.1.18',...,'4.1.33')
Both these _work_ but are not very friendly, quite error prone (user could easily forget a release # and miss out a ton of issues) and really not what I had in mind.
I tried going the route of fixVersion >= 4.1.15 AND fixVersion= operators don't work on text fields )
So in the end, we end up doing the release notes for our customers ourselves. I simply can't believe that there wouldn't be a way to aggregate release notes from multiple versions.
Anyways, I hope this is somewhat clear. I'll be happy to include some screenshots if necessary.
Marc