Hi,
I would like to know if it's possible to block the transition from a status to another one if some required fields are not populated.
Thanks in advance
Melissa
hi,
thanks. i configured some screens whith some custom fields. I precised fields which are required. Then I assigned such or such screen to specific transitions in the workflow. I thought that only fields configured to a specific operation or transition (create the issue or work in progress for example) will be appeared as required according to this very specific step of the process.
For example, I created the field "Select a region" which is required only when I close the issue. So i created a screen "Close the issue" with the field "Select a region". But as soon as I create my issue, even if this field does not appear n my form when I click Create, a message displays telling that I need to populate the Region field.
How can I proceed to make this field appear as a required one only when I want to close the issue?
Thanks for your help
You can use the "Fields required" validator from JIRA Suite Utilities plugin. See https://jsutil.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Validators#JIRASuiteUtilitiesWorkflowValidators-FieldsRequiredValidator
You are using the field configuration scheme to make it required it seems. That won't work. You need to use the mentioned validator in the workflow transition to make it required. Both are different things.
thanks for your answer. I tried to use the validator option but I understand that when you configure a validator, you assign some permissions to users "such user/group of users only can edit/create the issue" etc Sorry to insist but to set up a right validator option letting me to configure some required fields before moving on to another issue, which option do I have to choose? sorry again and thanks in advance
You have to install the JSU plugin and then select the "Fields Required" validator. Check out the documentation for more details.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.