Hi everyone.
I've had some issues with the upgrade of Confluence from 4.2.12 to 4.3. After a couple of attempts, I found the following error in the logs...
2012-09-13 08:50:57,996 ERROR [main] [hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate] execute Unsuccessful: create index attch_data_idx on ATTACHMENTDATA (ATTACHMENTID)
2012-09-13 08:50:58,003 ERROR [main] [hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate] execute ORA-01408: such column list already indexed
2012-09-13 08:50:58,007 ERROR [main] [hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate] execute could not complete schema update
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01408: such column list already indexed
It turns out that the ATTACHMENTDATA table has a unique contraint (on ATTACHMENTID) that has an identical index to the one being created by the upgrade process. When I removed the unique constraint, the original index was removed and the upgrade (and creation of the new index) was successful.
I attempted to re-add the unique constraint after the upgrade, but I get an error telling me that the index already exists (which makes sense given the same index was created during the upgrade above).
My question is, is this a bug, and is there any danger in not having the unique constraint on the ATTACHMENTDATA table in place?
Cheers.
- Glenn