hi all,
I am about to setup a JIRA VM and Confluence VM along with Microsoft SQL 2014 DB server/s. Do I need to have a DB server for each or can I get away with sharing 1 DB server but have 2 DB's on it? Thanks!
Found the answer to my Jari DB issue here
Getting "Network error IOException: Connection refused" During Jira DB configuation
You can have 1 SQL Server and have 2 DB's on it... one for JIRA and one for Confluence. That is how we have been running it and I would assume most are. One thing to note is I am not aware, as of today, of any current JIRA version that officially supports SQL Server 2014. I think the latest it supports is SQL Server 2012.
Cool thanks for the information. Thankfully our SQL license allows us to use 2012 instead, so if JIRA doesn't in fact support 2014 then i will just use 2012. Cant imagine much of a difference between the two that would effect JIRA or confluence performance. Thanks again!
No problem. Just an FYI Atlassian announced that first Q1 2016 they will support SQL Server 2014 for Jira. I think they already support it for the latest Confluence.
Oh that's good to know! It might be worth waiting a little longer then.
Thanks!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.