I have created a blog on a Confluence space and I'd like to auto-subscribe all Confluence users to that blog. As far as I've been able to determine each individual user has to make an explicit act to watch a space. Even as a Confluence admin there doesn't seem to be a way to automatically subscribe a set users. Is there some way to do this that's less klugely and less risky than editing the database directly?
I assure you that I will only use this power for good.
Followup: I dug into the database and found that the follow_connections table in the database holds the relationship indicating that one user is following another.
mysql> desc follow_connections;
+--------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field | Type | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+--------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| CONNECTIONID | bigint(20) | NO | PRI | NULL | |
| FOLLOWER | varchar(255) | NO | MUL | NULL | |
| FOLLOWEE | varchar(255) | NO | MUL | NULL | |
+--------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
mysql> select * from follow_connections limit 3;
+-----------+--------+--------+
| 3141591 | lisa | marge |
| 3141592 | marge | bart |
| 3141593 | marge | lisa |
| 3141594 | bart | lisa |
+-----------+--------+--------+
What I can't find is where the database stores the relationship indicating a subscription to a blog or a space, rather than to a specific user. Any ideas?