I am creating the minute minutes in confluence everyday.
I prefix the title with the current date.
It lists all the meeting pages in an ascending order under the parent page. For example, today's meeting page will be at the end of the list.
How do I change order of the children under this page in descending order so I get the today's meeting page on the top of the list?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/move-and-reorder-pages-146407727.html
You can change the location of a page within its space, and reorder pages in the hierarchy. This allows you to:
All links to the page are maintained. When you move a parent page, the entire hierarchy of child pages will move too.
To move or reorder a page:
If you're using the Documentation theme go to Browse > Pages > Tree and then drag the pages to a new position as above.
Alternatively, you can choose to order a group of child pages alphabetically by choosing the Sort Alphabetically (A-Z) icon. The Sort Alphabetically (A-Z) icon only appears next to the parent page if the page family is currently sorted manually.
If you change your mind, you can use the Undo Sorting icon to revert back to the previous manual page order. This option is only available immediately after sorting the page, while you're still on the Reorder Pages tab, and haven't performed any other action.
Thank you, I am aware about the reorder pages, I dont want to reorder manually because I will have to do this manually on a daily basis. I want to auto sort this in descending order.
Simple way to do this would be to start the page name with a date value and adjust the sort order to descend.
Yes, the page name is started with the date already, I have been doing this from jan 15th on a daily basis, so you can imagine how many pages I have.
i dont know how to sort in descend.
Hi Stephen,
After expanding the parent of the Page Link Tree of myDaily Meetings, I could not find a line similar to this:
Did I not look into the right place?
Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.
Cheers,
Christie
This was from back in 2016, since then confluence has gone through multiple updates. I would suggest posting a new question in regards to this so it can be looked at through newer versions.
Please vote feature request for this use case: CONFSERVER-57562
Atlassian should allow the user (space admin) to choose the sorting option in tree menu in Reorder Page.
This request was done several years ago and until now this feature was not implemented.
Remark: The only option is to request to server admin to add a hacking code to CSS template, affecting everybody... This is not a real solution! Every space or page subtree has its own needs.
inserting the following code worked for me
ul#child_ulXXXXXX-X.plugin_pagetree_children_list{display:flex;flex-direction:column-reverse;}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.