How do I get SVG images to render as the image and not the paper clip icon in Confluence 5.8.4? I followed the details here with no luck, https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/info/How+to+display+SVG+attachments+in+Confluence.
Using the HTML Macro works but it we would like it to work through the attachments feature.
Any ideas would be very help!
Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 3.08.32 PM.png
We've wanted to do this as well. However, following the instructions in the article didn't work for us (Confluence Server 5.8.17. Adding that line to mime.types didn't do the trick for us. (yes, we restarted.))
Last night, we found this trick to make it work:
Upon editing the Confluence Page:1) Type '!' then select the attached SVG2) It renders inline3) Adjust the image size as needed.
Here's a real ugly way to do it.
Embed the SVG code inside an HTML macro.
You wouldn't want to do this way all the time, but it works.
Thanks for the quick response, I forgot to mention that the end user does not want to use the HTML macro feature.
Well!
We're running 6.9.0/server here, and I can confirm that this works. I was particularly interested in animated SVG, so I tested with both. It works with both static and animated SVGs.
Sneaking in the back door, as it were!
Best,Pat O'ConnellTechnical WriterMindGeek Montreal
This works for me as well with Confluence 6.15.9.
I'm not sure why drag-and-drop doesn't work, though, the way other image files like .png and .jpg do.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.