Hello,
I have CASified my Confluence 5 installation for single sign-on (SSO), and I was wondering if folks out there had solutions to auto-provision accounts.
CAS works, but if the user does not already have a local Confluence account with the UID set as the username, then a redirect loop occurs between the CAS client and the CAS server.
Example:
- CAS username = johndoe
- CAS UID = 1000
- Confluence username = 1000 (MUST be this or things break)
Questions:
- Are there solutions to auto-provision accounts?
- There is an LDAP server in my organization where I can get UIDs from. Is LDAP my only option to auto-provision accounts before users' first login?
- Or is there simple way to modify the CAS client so that it will create a new Confluence user account for any successfully authenticated CAS user that does not already exist? Anyone else out there doing this on a large scale?
Side note and tip on CAS and Confluence integration:
- To get JASIG CAS 3.3+ client to work with Confluence, there is an undocumented option that must go in your seraph-config.xml file:
Thanks!