Hi
I have admin rights to my companies confluence site. I'm trying to deactivate some of the users that are no longer working with but haven't had any luck. Every time I try to deactivate them the following comes up...
Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 12.37.40 pm.png
Is there any kind of work around? I'm am a mac user so i wasn't sure if i needed to approach this differently?
Thanks
Chris
I don't think you can remove users who have authored content. It's a limitation of Confluence.
The best you can do is to take them out of the confluence-users group, and maybe change their passwords so they couldn't get into the account anyway.
Will this effect the cost of the account because of the number of users?
I will take them out of user groups so they can't change content. Thanks
You can't delete the user, but you can deactive it, so the user will no longer count for the license:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Deleting+or+Deactivating+Users
Regards Steve
By deactivating them, it should not count. However, for the users that you don't want to use Confluence, you need to remove the *Can Use* permissions under '*Confluence Admin > Global Permissions*. This way, the license count is not exceeded. You can get more information under the Global Permissions overview https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Global+Permissions+Overview
Hope it helps ya!
Thanks for this help.
When I select the user I get this...
Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 8.54.27 am.png
Should I be going somewhere else to deactivate?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.