How to email all proejct leads in Jira?
The administrator email option from jira does not have an option to email by project lead role.
How can I send notifications to all leads?
I do have about 100 projects, so manual work is not quite an answer.
I'm afraid manual work is the answer, as you say, it doesn't have the project-lead option.
I'd be tempted to scrape the list-of-projects screen for the names, then add them to a group.
I dis something close to that: I just emailed all the project administrators instead. More people but it should also cover the leads too.
Which JIRA do you use ? JIRA 4.4.1 and above has the option to send mails to 'Project Role'.
That was another good option - I generally assume that project admins might need to know stuff (especially if the nominated lead is on holiday!)
Understand, but we handle such situations by having a project role 'Project Lead'.
Whenever we create new project the lead will be added to this role. Hope this works for you too.
Instead of, or as well as the project lead? Seems like unneccessary work to me.
Project Lead is not a 'project role', hence Sorin's question!
I did't want to do this manually and don't want to bother with looking through the Plugins so I put something easy together. Just put this code in the Chrome console when you are viewing the Project list and it will give you some emails.
var htmlList = $x('//*[@id="project-list"]/tbody/tr/td[5]/a/@href');function printAllProjectLeads(array){ var list = [];gmail.com"; function log(e, i, a){ var name = e.value.split("=")[1] + email; if(name != "JIRA.Unassigned" && list.indexOf(name) == -1) list.push(name); } array.forEach(log); document.write(list);}printAllProjectLeads(htmlList);
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.