We have noticed with the latest versions of Confluence and JIRA in our company the following:
- When I open JIRA in IE8, I get an "unsupported browser warning" in the window (JIRA 6.3.15).
- When I open a Confluence wiki page (or anything else) in IE8, the page is broken, but there is no warning at all (Confluence 5.7.1)
I would like to know what the best option could be to get a similar behavior for Confluence. Especially the following questions are here relevant:
- Where to add the code: I know the site and content layouts, where is the best place to add it?
- How to add it: Just edit the layout, are there any drawbacks, how about updating the versions?
- What to display: What is the best Confluence / HTML source code to add here?
As background: our company has (for the next 6 months) set IE8 as default browser, and a lot of users experience problems they cannot solve on their own.
Here are the screenshots that show the difference.
IE8-confluence.png
Confluence screenshot
IE8-jira.png
JIRA screenshot