The following happened: we wished to rename a certain workflow status, so, as a JIRA sysadmin I renamed it in the Admin section.
Saved issue filters break, when they select issues on the basis of this workflow status. The new result states 'The value '{old value}' does not exist for the field 'status'. What I expected is that the technical id of the status is used and not the visible name, so all filters would still show the correct results. The problem may be clear: it's just not attainable to manually check and alter all filters with regard to the renamed status. In other words, under these circumstances we can't realistically change a status.
The same may apply to other 'global' JIRA values (e.g. priority). Didn't check this however.
Interestingly, in the JIRA Agile interface (boards) the status name is actually renamed into the new, so there we don't have the problem e.g. in the swimlanes related to this status.
Does this sound familiar? Am I missing something or is this a bug or new feature perhaps?