Currently, we first create the request and then add the watchers. As a result, the watchers do not receive the mail with the full text of the Jira request. This makes it more inconvenient for them to know the status of a release or a QAB.
You can try this free plugin:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugin.workflow.jira-watcher-field
I thintk that works for you!
You could add a multi user picker field in your create screen. Then add a post function in the create transition and copy the values of that field into the watchers
I already have a screen in place. Do I need to modify that by adding a user picker field to add watchers.
Yes, you need to add a new customfield of that type to your existing create screen.
thanks Daniel and Udo, but there is no way these watchers are getting notified about the new request.
Are the watcher added in your notification scheme for the Create Issue event
Thanks a lot Daniel and nd Udo.....It's working now
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.