How to attach files to jira issues using JIRA::REST module in perl?
you might want to check out this perl REST client. It has a method to attach file to JIRA: https://metacpan.org/pod/JIRA::Client::Automated
I have the same question with JIRA::REST.
With curl the following works:
curl -D- -u admin:admin -X POST -H "X-Atlassian-Token: nocheck" -F "file=@c:\test.txt" http://localhost:2990/jira/rest/api/2/issue/Test-27/attachments
I tried Perl with this:
use warnings; use JIRA::REST; use Data::Dumper; # Create REST client URL, userID, Password my $jira = JIRA::REST->new('http://localhost:2990/jira', 'admin', 'admin'); my $key = "TEST-27"; # Read access to issue works my $workIssue = $jira->GET("/issue/$key"); # add attachment fails my $filename = "\@c\Test.txt"; print "$filename \n"; my $localIssue = eval {$jira->POST("/issue/$key/attachments", undef, { "file" => $filename, "Content" => "multipart/form-data", }, { "X-Atlassian-Token" => "nocheck", }); };if ($@) { print "ERROR: @ $@ \n";};
The result is always: ERROR: 415 - Unsupported Media Type
I tried several "permutations" of
- naming the file,
- placing the filename or content definition in the data part or in the header part of the POST term
- with or without the "Content" definition
and so on. I never succeeded.
Did someone succeed to add an attachment using JIRA::REST?
P.S: I have seen the recommendation for another Perl REST client, but still would like to know if there is a solution with JIRA::REST?
I have the same issue and there really isn't a reliable answer
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.