Im running some tests to put JIRA in production with Jenkins and I have the following question:
In my scenario I have two Issues inside a Test Cycle. No matter how many times I run my Project, the same Issue is updated at JIRA. This is my perfect scenario but when a new day comes and I run Jenkins' project again, new Issue Key are generated, as the following image shows:
Capturar.PNG
I prefer keeping it in same Issue key for history purposes, i.e., when I click on test summary I wanna see all past execution status. But as JIRA do I have to check for other issues that represent the same issue I seek.
That image shows a little bit of my tests. Actually we have about 7k tests showing in Jira. This is why I can't manage it in every new day.
Is there a way to make JIRA keeping same Issue Key every time I run my project in Jenkins?
Obs.: QJ-398 and QJ-6893 are the same issue as QJ-397 and QJ-6988 are too, but with new key generated.
Thank you!