I have a somewhat odd problem logging on to Confluence. If access Confluence using the IP (https://<ipaddress>:8443) it works. If I use the FQDN of the server (https://my.server.biz:8443) the website returns to the Login page instead of just logging in to the start page. Everytime it does this, it seems to be generating a new jsessionid. This only happens with Internet Explorer. Firefox and Chrome work fine. Where do I have to tweek IE to stop to get this to work?
Check if you have correct Server Base Url in General Configuration of Confluence.
Not sure if this helps, but you may want to try and delete the browser cookies (ctrl + shift + delete).
I've noticed this happening on all browsers and at least Confluence, Jira and FishEye. Every time this happens, I delete the cookies for that specific domain and all goes back to normal.
HTH
I tried that, unfortunately, no joy. Thanks anyway.
I changed the Base URL from the IP to the FQDN, but that didn't change anything. Thanks for the quick answer though!
If you are using proxy server between IE and Confluence, try without it.
Try enabling/disabling "Compatibility view" in IE for particular URL.
Also - try testing from different computer.
This is still not working. :-( I went so far as to setup a new Virtuel Win7 Machine and I still got the login loop. That tells me the problem must be in Confluence, since the Browser was completely new, without any cookies at all. I can't fathom what could be so different between IE and Firefox and Chrome. The Base URL doesn't effect this either. Perhaps there are other tweeks in Confluence, but I can't seem to find the right one.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.