I have Jira working at example.com:8090. However, I'd like to set it up at jira.example.com.
I've tried a basic VirtualHosts addition:
<VirtualHost 72.3.139.6:80>
ServerName jira.example.com
ProxyPass / http://localhost:8090/<br< a=""> /> ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8090/<br< a=""> /> <Proxy http://localhost:8090/><br< a=""> /> Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Proxy>
ErrorLog logs/requests.example.com-error_log
CustomLog logs/requests.example.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>
which gets me most of the way there. I can see the login page at jira.example.com, but I get this error message:
Dashboard Diagnostics: Mismatched URL Hostname
JIRA is reporting that it is running on the hostname 'localhost', which does not match the hostname used to run these diagnostics, 'requests.lmpartnership.org'. This is known to cause JIRA to construct URLs using the incorrect hostname, which will result in errors in the dashboard, among other issues.
The most common cause of this is the use of a reverse-proxy HTTP server (often Apache or IIS) in front of the application server running JIRA. While this configuration is supported, some additional setup might be necessary in order to ensure that JIRA detects the correct hostname.
The following articles describe the issue and the steps you should take to ensure that your web server and app server are configured correctly:
Gadgets do not display correctly after upgrade to JIRA 4.0
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Gadgets+do+not+display+correctly+after+upgrade+to+JIRA+4.0<br< a=""> />
Integrating JIRA with Apache
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+Apache<br< a=""> />
Integrating JIRA with Apache using SSL
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+Apache+using+SSL<br< a=""> />
If you believe this diagnosis is in error, or you have any other questions, please contact Atlassian Support.
I've looked at all those pages, but none of them seem to help.
I also tried the advice on this page:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF31/Using+Apache+with+virtual+hosts+and+mod_proxy
But that gives me a 502 Proxy Error:
Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /.
Reason: DNS lookup failure for: jira-app-server.internal.example.com
How do I set this up so I don't have the mismatched hostname issue?