Confluence 3.5.13
A few weeks/months ago I had to rebuild the content indices from scratch to resolve another issue. Last week a user pointed out that when they go to Browse > People Directory they only see a handful of users (only 20 showing up out of the 1,000 + we have). I verified this and it appears only new users are showing up under People Directory and none of the existing users. I am not sure if the rebuild of indices is related and cannot determine at what point only new users started appearing. All users show up in admin > users, all users can still log in and post, etc.
Is this People Directory data stored in the /index folder? If so do you know what file it is stored in so I can copy the old one back over?
FYI - I did make a copy of the plugin directory and place it the new index folder.