Is there a way to reopen all the sub-tasks of a parent ticket during its transition to another status?
Thanks,
Vishali
Hi Vishali,
You basically need a workflow post-function plugin. You can write a jira plugin or use Jamie Echlins script runner plugin.
Here is a similar example in the documentation found in script runner plugin.
https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Post+Functions#PostFunctions-Autocloseallsub-tasks
You might also find the following plugins related to sub-tasks useful. Take a look
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.stygian.jira.plugins.subtaskassign
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.stygian.jiraplugins.copycomments
Cheers
Bhushan
You could use a JCLI post function from CLI Plugin for JIRA with something like the following action:
--action runFromIssueList --search "parent = %parent_key% and status = Closed" --common "--action progressIssue --issue @issue@ --step ""Reopen issue"" " --server %base_url% --user automation --password ***
I think this is same as this https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/174915/can-i-add-a-workflow-post-function-to-reopen-a-closed-ticket
I have used this with just the id changed in setAction (5), it worked as I expected.<br>
setAction (
5
), it worked as I expected.<br>
Thank you, Bhushan and Jamie.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.