If I point my Confluence user management at JIRA as described here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/connecting-to-crowd-or-jira-for-user-management-229838465.html
Will my users still be required to login in twice (to both JIRA and Confluence)?
OR
Will a logging into one, be sufficient to access both?
Hi Randall!Your users will still be required to login twice, because you haven't enable SSO for both JIRA and Confluence yet. To be able to enable SSO with Crowd in JIRA and Confluence, you can checkout these links:Confluence: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Integrating+Crowd+with+Atlassian+ConfluenceJIRA: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Integrating+Crowd+with+Atlassian+JIRAHope this answer helps, and I wish you a good day!Warm Cheers,Ezra A.
Ezra, Thanks for the clarification! This was not the magic pill I thought it might be.
I can't quite justify the cost of CROWD, so I suppose we'll continue with the double login.
No problem, mate You can start to consider using CROWD if you want to start managing users in more instances (e.g, several JIRAs or Confluences, or even adding other application like Stash, FishEye, Crucible, etc), or if you start having many sources of users Directory (e.g LDAP, Active Directory, OpenID, Google Apps, etc)
By the way, Randall, if this solution helps in the slightest, do you mind accepting the answer so other users with similar situation can find this? Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.