Hi,
Finally got this working thanks to the tips from Sean Curtis on my question at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/41896/where-does-streamswebresources-css-live - go give Sean some points over on that thread.
To get this working:
1. Shutdown JIRA2. Delete <JIRA Home>/plugins/.bundled_ plugins3. Delete <JIRA Home>/plugins/.osgi-plugins4. Unzip <JIRA Installation>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip to a temporary directory5. UnJAR jira-gadgets-plugin-4.4.4.jar6. Add the following to style/common.css extracted from the above JAR file:
.activity-item-summary .activity-item-description blockquote { background: #FF0000; border-left: 1px solid #C2D9EF; color: #222; font-style: normal; margin: 0 0 .7em .2em; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; padding: .3em .7em .3em .7em; }
Note 1: .activity-item-summary is needed to make sure this declaration gets picked up rather than the declaration in streamsWebResources.css
Note 2: obviously set background (or any other element) to the values that you want
7. JAR the modified common.css back into jira-gadgets-plugin-4.4.4.jar8. ZIP all of the JAR files extracted in step 4 back into <JIRA Installation>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip9. Restart JIRA
If it doesn't pick up the changes you made to common.css check the actual content of the newly deployed common.css and clear your browser caches to make sure your browser is picking up the latest version of common.css - first time I tried this it wasn't working, but it was a browser cache issue.
Hopefully this works for you.
Andrew.
A similar question was asked recently - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/38299/jira-css-font-family-font-color-in-activity-stream-and-dashboard-gadgets - does the solution in that thread work for you as well?
I tried but in my case its streamsWebResources.css and not common.css which is not there , I need this because I customized JIRA to another color scheme, this blue color is very far from ours now
I tried but I have JIRA 4.4, the color css is from
com.atlassian.streams:streamsWebResources/com.atlassian.streams: streamsWebResources.css
Please Advice .
Sorry the other solution wasn't appropriate. I've searched in vain for streamsWebResources.css and cannot find it anywhere so wonder if it's generated rather than being a physical file?
What if you override .activity-item-description blockquote in common.css? You'd have 2 definitions, but only one of them would be applied. Does that work?
I tried with javascript it did not work also, Andrew.. have you tried it?
can you test the javascript approach , appritiated ...
I just tried:
<script> AJS.toInit(function() { AJS.$(".activity-item-description blockquote").css("background-color","#FF0000"); }); </script>
and it did not work.
Will try tracking down streamWebresrouces.css again - it's got to be in a JAR file somewhere!!
Out of curiosity did this solution work for you? If it did could you mark my answer as correct please?
Thanks,
Andrew.. I was so busy , now is ok . thanks for your support.
Hello,
I was able to find a solution to this one that works for v6.2.7. It's very similar to Andrew's solution:
1. Shutdown JIRA
2. Delete <JIRA Home>/plugins/.bundled_ plugins
3. Delete <JIRA Home>/plugins/.osgi-plugins
4. Unzip <JIRA Installation>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip to a temporary directory
5. UnJAR streams-aggregator-plugin-5.3.26.jar
6. Modify the following two files in the /css/streams sub-folder: activity-stream.css, activity-stream-min.css
7. Modify the ".activity-item-description blockquote" CSS definitions to your liking in both files.
7. JAR everything back into streams-aggregator-plugin-5.3.26.jar
8. ZIP all of the JAR files extracted in step 4 back into <JIRA Installation>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip
9. Restart JIRA
Thanks for giving me some direction on this one, Andrew.
-- Jake
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.