I followed the instructions for setting up reverse proxies in JIRA and Confluence and then redirected Apache to SSL, as instructed by the Atlassian KB. My servers use CA-issued certs and everything is working perfectly, with exception to my Application Links between JIRA and Confluence. Specifically, I receive the error:
The remote certificate can't be trusted
Confluence may be using a self-signed SSL certificate or a certificate that was issued by a certificate authority that isn't known locally.
I see that there are SSL plugins that are supposed to address this, but it looks like the Confluence SSL plugin is no longer updated for the version I'm using. I've seen a wide array of suggested solutions for this, but no one seems to have the exact problem I'm facing, nor does anyone seem to have a proper solution. Some people are suggesting I add the CA-issued certs to the Tomcat/Java keystore (or even the CA root/intermediate certs); other support pages suggest I modify the entire back-end to run on HTTPS through port 8443. None of these solutions worked. Though this isn't a deal-breaker (I have a workaround), I was curious to know if anyone had any idea how we might resolve this issue so we can keep SSL running with the Apache reverse proxy and still use Application Links between JIRA and Confluence.
Thanks!