When I search with the above query, the results I get usually say how to change JIRA status on GIT commit -by using FishEye plug-in. I would prefer have some JIRA status change on PUSH also -as the changes actually merge with remote repository during PUSH.
For our project, where we have say 100+ developers, we need an option to ensure that code changes are pushed to main (remote) repository only when review group has okayed the changes.
To achieve this, I was considering following workflow: (with an additional repository called staging repository)
Step1> Developer tries to update the development status as say: Ready for review, in JIRA.
Step2> The state transition will execute a script in JIRA.
Step3> The script first Push'es the changes from local to remote(shared) staging repository.
Step4> The script also creates a review sub-task for the completed issue - if there was no prior review.
Step5> When the review is complete, the reviewer tries to update the review sub-task status.
Step6> The state transition will execute another script in JIRA.
Step7> If the review result is OK, the script Push'es the changes from staging to main repository.
Step8> The script also changes the main issue status to say: Ready to build.
Step9> If the review result is NOK, the script changes the main issue status back to say: In Progress.
I understand that, script execution can be performed on JIRA server using JIRA Script Runner add-on. But I'm not sure of the possibility of pushing the changes from local to remote through this add-on - which I intend to perform as part of Step3.
Could you please help me understand the possibility of "push"ing changes from local to remote GIT repository through JIRA status change.