I recently updated email of an user, (He is project admin, developer lis of my project).
But now he recieves a duplicate of every email notification.
I checked in users list, there is no duplicate entry for the email id.
Regards,
Shams
Is the user in any groups or lists on your email servers that are getting Jira emails?
I am pretty sure, he is not since till yesterday he was fine.... but from the moment I changed his email, he is recieving duplicates
Ok. If there's no duplication in the Jira list of users, and you're not using email groups/lists, then there's something iffy in his email account. You might need to talk to the email administrators, but I'd check his machine for unusual incoming email rules.
With all the fun I've seen with emails, I've yet to see Jira send duplicates (except when you've got two or more accounts with the same email address, which you've ruled out). It's always been the mail servers, one way or another.
One other useful check is to see if he gets one or more emails from the "test email" function under the "email servers" options
Finally, we could turn up the logging to see everything Jira is generating (but I'm certain you'll only see one outgoing mail)
Yes you are right..... I did test the outgoing mail option and he did recieve onle one copy...... So what should I check further .....
Thanks Nic, for all the guidance and help.... You wont believe what solved the problem.....
JIRA Reboot... :-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.