We have recently noticed a problem with SQL attachments.
Some attachments with extension .sql cannot be accessed. After click on attachment browser (Mozilla 19, Mozilla 25, Chrome, IE 11, Safari 5.1.7, Opera 11.60) open empty window. Right click/Save as results in empty file (size 0 byte).
Attachments are stored correctly in file system.
We have come to conclusion that problem is in mime type.
In database (mysql) .sql attachments are saved as following mime types:
mysql> select distinct(mimetype), count(*) from fileattachment where id>='45230' and filename like'%sql' group by 1;
+--------------------------+----------+
| mimetype | count(*) |
+--------------------------+----------+
| application/octet-stream | 325 |
| application/x-sql | 20 |
| text/plain | 14 |
| text/x-sql | 4 |
| text\plain/octet-stream | 225 |
+--------------------------+----------+
5 rows in set (0.03 sec)
Attachments that are inaccessible have type "text\plain/octet-stream".
I have tried solution found in http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FSJIRA-26?focusedCommentId=31713&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-31713
I have added following in /opt/atlassian/jira/conf/web.xml (and restarted jira)
<mime-mapping>
<extension>spx</extension>
<mime-type>audio/ogg</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>
<mime-mapping>
<extension>sql</extension>
<mime-type>text/plain</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>
<mime-mapping>
<extension>src</extension>
<mime-type>application/x-wais-source</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>
And have manually changed mimetype for existing attachments and they are ok.
New attachments are created with wrong mimetype.
How can I force that new sql attachments are created as mime "text/plain" and not "text\plain/octet-stream"?