I'm upgrading the confluence to a new version. After all the files are backed up the installation process is trying to remove the old confluence data. However it is unable to remove the following folder: X:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\bin
And I got the message that some files are in use, please close all the applications and try again. When I am trying to manually delete that directory I got an error Access denied (I can't even enter that directory, look at the permissions or change them). Ok I am the administrator of that server and I am in the Adminiatrators group, confluence service is stopped.
The weird thing is that I got exactly the same situation during JIRA update, so I had to install it into another directory where everything was smooth.
Any ideas why? and how I can remove that directory and prevent the same situation in future. Everytime install Confluence into another directory is not an option.
Thanks in advance,
Alex Suslin