Hi Support,
I am wondering what is the best approach you suggest to implement active directory into Jira? We are currently running Jira 5.1.8, will newer version of Jira support SSO? Thanks so much for your help.
You probably want to look through https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEV/Single+Sign-on+Integration+with+JIRA+and+Confluence
Please be aware that there are MANY options for SSO in Jira and Confluence, and you should not be swayed by one advert - please consider all of them. For the record, I work for another one of the vendors of an SSO system for Atlassian products, but I have not actually worked with it myself. Before I joined them I worked with three other SSO systems and had varying levels of success (ranging from "do not use this" through to "does the job perfectly"). Some were better suited to specific situations than others. I'd just say it's a bad idea to just go with the first advert you see. Read the page I referred to first, and then consider all the SSO options. I've not used the Appfusions one either, so I'm not qualified to speak about that either
Good advice Nic
Listen to Nic...he know's his stuff.
Silver, you need an additional authenticator to allow for SSO into your Windows/AD domain. Perhaps try this: https://www.appfusions.com/display/KBRSCJ/Home
Strange - somehow this answer keeps getting demoted to a comment even though it is an answer. Is someone mucking with my answers?
To my mind, it's not an answer. The answer is not "use my product", it is "look at all the products and select one". I guess that's why someone is changing them to comments. I think it's worth restating that there are many SSO products out there and the questioner should really look at all the offerings.
Do you have the power to change answers, Nic? It is an answer. There are many answers to a problem.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.