Hi
Can you provide the steps or link to change the custom field id in Jira.
Regards,
Sateesh
You do not do this.
Your only real option is to hack the data directly in the database, but I simply cannot ever recommend you do that, because it's not simple, it requires downtime and if you get one bit out of place, you could destroy your JIRA.
I'd suggest re-evaluating why you think you want to do this - I can pretty much guarantee that there is a better way to reach your goal, but we need to know what you want and why before we can guide you
Hi Alice,
I recently merged multiple custom fields of the same name into a single using the concept of context. But I missed that there are scripts written in grovvy by the dev team for some customization which got broken after the migration .
So I want to edit the custom field id. Can you please help.
I'm sorry, that makes no sense. Alice is correct in saying that it's a really bad idea to change the ID of fields, it's a nightmare. What you should do is update the groovy scripts to use the new ID
I was wondering if I could change the customfieldID as well. There reason I would like to change the ID is because the numbering system is harder to track when linking fields especially when writing scripts. If I could name the customefields, I would be able track them better.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.