I am interested to know if there is some way to version control the plan configurations in Bamboo. We use Subversion for the code, so having the configuration in that tool would also be nice. We would like to use this to see differences between different versions of plans and for ensuring that we can always go back to a working version, if something goes wrong when we make changes to plans. Also, as we make changes to our build scripts and plans we find that it is impossible to build old versions of the code, since the scripts and the Bamboo plans' calls to those scripts no longer match. Right now our "version control" of plans include making copies of a plan before modifying it and sometimes leaving behind old, disabled jobs that can be resurrected if the need occurs.
What I would like is basically to know of any files I should put into version control. Human-readability is a big plus, though according to documentation plan configurations seem to be stored in an SQL database. It would also be great if it is possible to revert a single plan configuration, without changing all the other ones.
Is there a solution to this or are there any totally different approaches I'm missing?