I'm looking into a setup with a server based JIRA-Agile and a cloud-based service desk. Is that possible?
Thanks,
Maarten van Leer
Yes, but not in the way I think you want.
The service desk is an addon for Jira. You have to have a JIRA to run it inside, so if you went with your setup, you will actually have two JIRA installations: Server-JIRA and Cloud-JIRA+Servicedesk.
Thanks for your swift reply. OK, clear. What does that mean account and license wise? Will the two JIRA installations be able to shared the same accounts? ( or does JIRA support active directory integration, if it does that answers my question too). And what about licensing? Do I need two sets of licenses? If I do, it means I need to go fully server-based. If that is the case, is there an easy migration from cloud based service desk to server-based? Thanks, Maarten
No, there's no AD integration on Cloud. You can use accounts of the same name (or google accounts), but not AD. In terms of licences, you'll need three - one for your Server, one for Cloud Jira and one for Cloud Service desk (albeit the two Cloud licences are part of a single service fee, rather than an actual licence) To migrate off Cloud, have a look through https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+from+JIRA+Cloud+to+JIRA+Server
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.