Hi, I'm using Confluence 4.2.11.
I spent some days for reading the documentation for customising the confluence layout, but there was no satisfaction for the solutions I found.
First I try to use the default confluence theme. It's very nice to customise with the the decorators and velocity. But the sidebar integration for this theme has two big disadvantages: The navigation panel breaks the layout of the wiki content and the wiki content cannot be scrolled independent of the navigation sidebar. The sidebar from the documentation theme is perfect! So I try to integrate it into the default theme. I extract the doctheme-4.2.11.jar and copy the main.vm and page.vm and paste it as custom layout to the default theme. I add in the main.vm this line for fetching the CSS and JavaScript files:
<tt>#requireResourcesForContext("com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.doctheme")</tt>
But when I refresh the page, the sidebar was not working/visible, the CSS and JS files were not be included into the html page. But in the html source I found the complete sidebar in the splitter-sidebar node.
So this seems not to work and I try it the revert way: I switch to the documentation theme. But there it's not possible to customise the velocity template / decorator. So I extract the doctheme-4.2.11.jar and put the main.vm and page.vm into the WEB-INF/classes/ directory and modify the main.vm files. That works!
But now the next problem: what is with the other decorators, for example global.vm, space.vm, etc. How can I customise them?
And how can I make custom modifications for each space with the docoumentation theme?