Is there a way on knowing which other pages refer to my page via an “Include Page” Macro in confluence?
I need to be aware of the page is being used elsewhere, just in case I want to delete or make major changes to the page. Many thanks
I found this link https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-24568and looks like it will be fixed in the latest version.
Using the search parameter for finding macros and the title of the page you want to find
(macroName:include) AND (pageTitle)
Should give you the results you're looking for
Thanks, I used the above parameter but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. The result pages will have "include macro", but the pageTitle search all the content on the page(which is not the pageTitle I'm looking for).
This was a plugin that used to index macro parameters. It says it is supported up to 4.3.7, but sometimes plugins still work even though they only say they work with a lower version. If you are on a version higher than 4.3.7 you could try manually installing it and giving it a shot.
Plugin:https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-macro-indexer-plugin
How to use it:http://ffeathers.wordpress.com/2012/09/04/how-to-search-for-macros-and-macro-parameters-in-confluence-4/
I decided to give it a shot ... looks like it doesn't work with newer versions ... shucks!
Thanks for letting me know, Davin.
Hi Sherry,
you could have a look at our Add-on Scroll Versions.
Besides version- and variant-management functionality it offers enhanced content reuse. You can check where the included content is coming from and where else it's included. I think that should be exactly what you're looking for.
Cheers,Nils
Sherry,
Have you tried looking at Tools/Page Information?
That has a list of all pages that are linked to the current one, and which one it links to as well. It also has other useful info.
I always look at that before deleting a page.
Cheers.
Thanks, Mick. The page information does not show pages with "include page" macro.
Thanks, Nils, will try and see if that works, as it's not free, need approval from our management.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.