I'm suddenly having a really really weird problem editing pages. This is happening on two different sites (both on the same server), one running 5.02 and the other 4.1.3.
I first noticed the problem yesterday when I tried to paste in some text from one of my old web sites as retrieved from the Wayback Machine (web.archive.org). When I pasted the text into a new document (using Chrome) the text did appear, but the actual editing area was only 150 pixels tall with a scroll bar. So I could see all the text, but only a little bit at a time.
I thought it must have something to do with the text I was pasting, so I tried dumping it into Notepad first, copying bits at a time. Same problem, so I gave up.
Later in the day I edited a page I'd started the day before and I found that I had the same problem - tiny little editor window.
I fired up IE. In IE I could see the editor window as normal, but each paragraph was in its own text block, with grab handles.
I tried editing older pages. Same problem.
I restarted Confluence. Same problem.
I rebooted my own machine. Same problem.
I rebooted the server. Same problem.
All of this was in the 5.0.2 site. So I tried the 4.1.3 site - same problem.
I tried both IE and Chrome on a completely different computer - same problem.
I tried a hosted Confluence site I have and that works fine. So it would appear it's not my browsers.
I'm really baffled. It must be something on the server, but what would affect both sites? They're completely separate installations. Nothing has changed on the server recently.
Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated.
Dave