Is it possible to set-up the person who emails a ticket to JIRA as a watcher so that they'll be able to add comments to a ticket.
Hello
If the user was able to create the ticket from email, it means that he/she has the apropriate permissions to access your project... now you have to check that the user has the permission to add comments and that he/she can log into JIRA (this is a higher level that your project permissions).
what kind of permissions / where do I check them. I see the configuration on Watcher Field Settings was set to OFF , is it something I turn on..
Hello Where are you seeing the "Watcher Field Settings" configuration?
Under Add ons ...Watcher field-->watcher field settingsWatcher.PNG
Hello Oh, I see you are trying to configure an add-on. I cannot help you since I haven't used that one. I guess you should create the question under that specific add-on forum to get a more precise answer. Sorry
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.