I did the upgrade from confluence 3.2-std to 3.5-std. After following all recommended steps for upgrade including mysql InnoDb changes and password changes the upgrade went fine. However, now when I try to login as admin. After entering the password it again comes back to login screen. I believe its not even going to authentication phase as I am not getting any login failed kind of error.
I did try to reset the admin password to admin using the steps but nothing seems to work. Everything was working before upgrade.
I am following below steps for upgrade. I am using centos 5.
Shutdown the confluence.
Take backup of the confluence data directory and the mysql dump.
tar -czvf confluence-data.tar.gz /usr/local/confluence-data/*
###backup: #
mysqldump -umyname -p confluence > confluence_dump.sql
##restore:#
mysql -umyname -p confluence < confluence_dump.sql
### Find and replace MyISAM to InnoDb in the mysql dump script and save as confluence_dump_innodb.sql
## goto shell
mysql -umedaccess -p confluence < confluence_dump_innodb.sql
Change the mysql setting.
mysqld
......
transaction-isolation=READ-COMMITTED
.......
service mysqld restart
Update the license key if it has expired. To check it Confluence Admin -> license status
Download confluence 3.5 standalone zip file unzip it.
Change the data directory in file /usr/local/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties
confluence.home = /usr/local/confluence-data
Copy the osuser.xml file from previous installation to /usr/local/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/classes.
chown -R confluence.confluence /usr/local/confluence
Start confluence.