I have a couple Jira projects that it would be beneficial to set the default visibility on commenting to the developer project role. Ideally I'd like to be able to set this seperately for the current assignee (which I'd like to leave at default visibility) and the rest of the developers. Is there a ready way to do this?
Hi,
For modify default visibility comment I do this:
Edit file:
/[FOLDER OF JIRA]/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/jira/issue/field/comment-edit.vm
This is original:
#if ($commentLevel) #set ($selectedCommentLevel = $commentLevel) #else #set ($selectedCommentLevel = "") #end
This my code modified:
#set ($selectedCommentLevel = "role:10100") #if ($jiraUserUtils.getGroupNamesForUser($authcontext.getLoggedInUser().getName()).contains("client-users")) #set ($selectedCommentLevel = "role:10101") #end
#set ($selectedCommentLevel = "role:10100")
#if ($jiraUserUtils.getGroupNamesForUser($authcontext.getLoggedInUser().getName()).contains("client-users")) #set ($selectedCommentLevel = "role:10101") #end
This code set default visibility comment to role 'Developers' (where role number is 10100) and if user is in group 'client-user' in my JIRA, the default comment visibity is role 'Clients' (where number roles i 10101).
Hey Tim,
To answer your question "Is there a ready way to do this?"
The permissions available for comments are
1. Add comments
2. Edit all comments
3. Edit own comments
4. Delete all comments
5. Delete own comments
These permissions can be set in the permission scheme being used by your project.
For more info refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions
There is a feature request you might be interested in voting for
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-12347
Hi Tim, there's a js workaround mentioned in this answer:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/135332/the-comment-visibility-default-selection-can-be-configured
It's the same that it is mentioned in this issue:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-9091
Thanks for help Daniel, works great.
Hi, I realise you have found your answer but for others looking for an answer where they don't have to edit files or want project level default then I have a paid plugin in the marketplace called comment security default (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.redmoon.jira.comment-security-default). This allows you to set a default globally or per project. You can also assign behaviour in case the permission is no longer available (you can force the user to choose a new permission). The default can be set for adding a comment, adding an attachment, logging work, linking issues and editing issues.
Thanks
Paul
there is no comment-edit.vm in JIRA 6.3.14
Please help.
I can't find comment-edit.vm in JIRA 6.4.5.
Ganga S
I found them here...
/[FOLDER OF JIRA]/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/plugin/comment/
I cannot find the file comment-edit.vm in JIRA 7.1.6.
Thx
*comment-edit.vm* has been replaced by *system-comment-field-edit.vm* (atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/plugin/comment/system-comment-field-edit.vm).
Could someone please turn this into an add-on for cloud so those users could benefit by it?
Thanks Daniel for your post.
This is working perfeclty for us in 7.4.3.But I have still an issue...
If I add an comment with a different role and then want to add another comment, the default is not the one defined in the .vm file but the last used.
Is there a way to avoid this and always use the role from the file?
Thank you very much,
Marius
i want to set restriction like
ex:
if A project is there means if they comment means only B Project Role person should see and no other user's should see that comment.
but we want other project roles comment visibility should be as same.
I tried this and it works, but it shows like the below
$i18n.getText('security.level.restricted.to', ${textutils.htmlEncode($level.name)})
instead of
Restricted to XXXXXXX
it just doesn't look clean.
Am I doing something wrong?
#if ($issue.project.key && $issue.project.key == "ABC")
#set ($selectedCommentLevel = "role:10200")
#else
#if ($commentLevel)
#set ($selectedCommentLevel = $commentLevel)
#if (!$comment && $defaultLevelEnabled)
#set ($selectedCommentLevel = "default")
#set ($selectedCommentLevel = "")
#end
Pretty much for project ABC, I want to default comments to the role 10200.
Thanks.
How is this working in cloud jira?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.