This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Tables
Sticky table headings in view modeIn some instances table header rows will stick to the top when you're viewing a page, making those really long tables easier to read. There are a few exceptions though. Table headers aren't sticky when:the space is using the documentation themeyour table is inside a page layout (columns and sections)your table has no header row or there are cells in the top row that aren't marked as headersyour table has a header column, instead of a header row, and scrolls horizontallyyour table is inside another table, or has another table inside, with its own header rowyour table only has one column.
In some instances table header rows will stick to the top when you're viewing a page, making those really long tables easier to read. There are a few exceptions though. Table headers aren't sticky when:
Atlassian, are there any plans to change these constraints?
Additional areas outside of view mode where stickiness would be desirable!
We use the documentation theme so no sticky headers
That said the current documentation does not mention it it as a constraint:DocJan17.png
This suggests the documentation theme constraint was removed but CONF-37888 / announcements says it was not fixed as the documentation theme will be deprecated in Confluence 6.
I updated the space theme to "Global Look and Feel" and I still have no sticky table headers
+1 for sticky table headers in editing mode
If you need sticky headers for viewing the table, you very likely also need it for editing!
I have a hard time knowing where to write what content, if I don't have the header!
My workaround: Below the editing window I open a second instance in view mode with the same width, but limited height, so that I know which column is which.
It is possible to make scrollable tables with fixed header row using Table Filter macro's option Freeze first N rows. You can see it in action here. Also it works en page edit mode.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.