When I first created the Users, I could check a box to send e-mail notification, but I didn't want to do it until I had all the users and more of JIRA set up.
How do I send them the notification now?
Thank you
if all your users are new users, you could send a mail to the group "Jira-Users".
Best regards
Thomas
Just to extend, you have to go to the administration section, in the system tab, email item. Then you can go to the Send Mail Option and notify all the users.
Thomas,
Would this send the same e-mail as if I had checked the box (Send and e-mail to the user you have just created, which will allow them to setup their password)?
All the users are not new.
of course you should change this notification scheme after hou have created the email else your users might try to do the same ...
Sadly yes... If there aren't too much users you could create them again. Easy too say, not so easy to do...
???????????
I suggested to use the Jira notification mechanism to inform the users by sending them notification emails. On each event Jira can send notification emails to a configurable set of users. I suggested to configure the notification scheme of a test project to send a notification to your new users when the Welcome issue is created by you. Of course you must group your new users into a group to make that work.
Of course you should first know how to configure notification schemes, the other approach is much more straight forward.
Aftervusers have got the notification email they can click on the link to the Welcome issue and start playing around with it, e.g. Commenting on it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.