I am interested to know how confluence search ranking works. Cause I feel if I don't get a search result in the "quick search" I don't have a hope in hell in finding it in the full search experience. It seems I am not alone with this feeling (google search pic below)
Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 11.15.44 am.png
Are titles and headings given prominence?
I wouldn't say it sucks, but there are some definite sore points such as not being able to put the wildcard at the front of the search string.
Is there a specific issue or is this just a general purpose attitude?
Sorry about the attitude, was getting flustered cause I couldn't find what I wanted. Have updated question to be a more constructive.
Integrating Google Search is a possibility. That would probably be helpful since users are typically used to that format of search engine.
The main point I need to get across here is that if you aren't tagging your pages appropriately than it will be a PITA to find anything. That's on you and your users. I run our confluence content at my place of business and I tag anything that I know will be difficult to find, since I know how the search works. However, we aren't running crazy queries like some people like to, just basic searches.
However, "improving" the built in search is probably out of the scope of a typical development request. I'll troll JIRA in a bit and see if they have any tickets for improvements to the search to link back here.
Like the idea of integrating google search!
Almost any Atlassian Expert partners should be able to integrate this for you. The process is a little complicated and a fair amount of work but it makes sense in some cases. Find someone local and ask them: https://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.