Why can't I delete an attatchment?
Thank you adding unnecessary frustration to my day.
Do you have the "Remove Attachments" permission?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Assigning+Space+Permissions
Btw, whom are you thanking?
I'm thanking those who made it unnecessarily difficult to do something as simple as deleting an attachment. Not only was it difficult to find the information, but I now have to spend an unknown amount of time to find out who manages Confluence within our company. And from the looks of it, who knows how long it will take them to configure that setting just so I can delete a file.I uploaded the file, and now I want to delete it. Simple right? Apparently not.
There is an outstanding feature request for users to be able to have a higher level of permission on their own attachments
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-9527
Please vist the page and vote on this feature request to increase it's importance to our developers. I will attache this post to the issue to further imporve it's visibility.
I agree it should be simpler. JIRA has that level of permissions. But unfortunately, the feature request Daniel mentioned doesn't have enough up votes to force a faster resolution, I guess!
@nwsd02 - well said! Absolutely that.
So funny because what's the difference between deleting a page or tons of content and deleting an attachment? It's all information I'm deleting.
4 Years later this issue it still not resolved.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.