When creating a branch from JIRA it doesn't seem to respect the branching model for the repo as defined in Stash (using 2.12.x) . Again, I couldn't find an issue for this, but I had trouble searching as the only search terms I could think of were a bit ambiguous.
In Stash (see tab: Branching model) I've set "develop" as the default development branch and "master" as the default production branch.
Therefore, when I create a branch from a JIRA "New Feature", I would expect the "branch from" branch to be develop. This is quite important if master actually holds the commits that represent releases. However it does not as by default it fills in the "master" branch, not develop.
A similar, but not the same issue, is, when creating a pull request for this branch, should it not default the destination to the "from" branch? Currently it does not, and it seems all too easy to get this wrong.
copied from: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/SCRATCH/Stash+Default+Branch+Problemscredits to Jamie Echlin