I'm trying to connect JIRA to OpenLDAP directory on Ubuntu. Documentation and internet don't provide enough information on how this can be achieved.
I can't seem to pass the "Test retrieve user ". The user exists in LDAP and I have already used the account in Jenkins which I connected to OpenLDAP in no time. The process in JIRA seems more 'involved' than in Jenkins.
To troubleshoot this problem I think I have to go into JIRA debugging mode which I have no experience with as first timeuser. There is no way of knowing how JIRA is searching for users. There are some clues of course.
- User Object Class
- User Object Filter
User Object Class is default filled with inetorgperson. In my directory my users have initOrgPerson. So I corrected this. User Object Filter was default (objectclass=inetorgperson) I think. Also wrong. Grasping at straws I tried several things for example (uid=*)
Jenkins uses uid={0} as default. Which works. So it seems that JIRA is using something else than uid. But what is it?