I am trying to create a dropdown on a confluence page. I added the HTML macro to the page and then added code similar to
"
<select><option value="Test">Test1</option><option value="Test">Test2</option></select>
"
Now I see the dropdown in the view mode of the page. However that would not save the selection of a user and anytime the page is reopened the dropdown shows the default (first value in the HTML) code.
So how can I make it persistent.
I have another requirement too.
I want to be able to use this dropdown at several places on the page and also be able to add more options to the dropdown if required on the fly.
So I created a different page which only contains the above HTML code and then used the Page include macro, at every spot, on the page where I want this dropdown to show (I also used the excerpt / excerpt include macro) but thought the page include macro worked better.
So with this 2nd requirement in mind, again is there a way to have a persistent dropdown.